Sunday 31 July 2011

For My Dad



Dear Daddy,

I want to wish you a happy birthday, and to tell you that even although its been 30 months since you left us so unexpectedly, we still miss you so much every day.  Since your last birthday, I guess it has become a little easier to accept you are not here any more, but in some ways its more difficult because the time since I last saw you last is greater.

I marvel at how big Oscar is getting every day, but then I also remeber that you died just 3 weeks before he was born and sadly you never knew each other. It makes me laugh though, that I told you, if the baby was a boy he would be called Oscar Casey (Casey being one of your middle names), and you said that would make him OC and you would call him Ozzy, man.  It makes me remember your funny fondness for the wild man Ozzy Osbourne.

I don't mark the passing of your death in January Dad, because it seems wrong to me to commemorate a day such as that. But the last 2 years I have laid out flowers for you on Gran and Grandad'a grave because you dont have one yourself. It seemed appropriate since it is Grandad's birthday today too. I cant do that this year. Sunday bus services from here to the city being what they are, I am afraid I wont make it to the cemetery. Tonight after dinner, when the house is all quite I will light a candle for you and have a wee glass of something in your honour.

I am sure that would be ok with you, you liked a wee drink on your birthday.

Happy Birthday Daddy, I love you.

Your girl

Valerie

xxx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last night was a rough one, this helped though, what will they think up next snooze link




No comments:

Post a Comment