Thursday 30 June 2011

Sausage Casserole

So that was summer was it? Seriously though, the sun was shining for a 2nd day in a row, but it didn't last. We had a downpour at lunchtime, followed by a cloudy afternoon and a sunny evening.


Oscar spent most of the morning popping in and out of the house/garden, with his big sister keeping an eye. I was cleaning, cleaning,cleaning. We had our first dinner guests last night and even though it was my idea I wasn't really ready for entertaining. I did manage to clean the whole place in time, including sweeping three levels of wooden flooring, followed by mopping 3 levels of wooden flooring. We have 1 rug down in the lounge which took 2 1/2 minutes to vacuum. Old houses do tend to gather more dust and dirt (or is that just my old houses?). But on the plus side, they are a bit more forgiving when it comes to the lived in look, minimalist it ain't.

Anyway, all the cleaning followed by a speed shower didnt leave much time for cooking so it was good old sausage casserole and mash (apple pie, strawberrys and cream). No one complained and it was pretty yummy.

My sister commented during the grand tour that she wouldn't fancy cleaning the place so I am hoping she meant I had done well, and not that it still needed cleaning. The kids of course couldn't care less and went from the playroom to the garden and back again, dust or no dust.

Along with a simple supper Duncan and Aimee and I quaffed down some wine, but of course the downside to being in the countryside is, everyone else has to drive home, ah well all the more for us, and Oscar, who has to be given Schloer in a proper glass and allowed to say cheers! 300 times during the meal.

Hopefully next time I will get the Nigella books out and manage something a bit more adventurous.


IMG_6637_modifié-1

No comments:

Post a Comment