Monday 6 June 2011

Pre Moving Freak Out

I came downstairs with Oscar this morning, both of us in a fairly good mood, only to be met with the chaos of pre moving. The bookshelves are empty of books but seem to be rapidly becoming a dumping ground. The dining table is covered in boxes and wrapping materials, there are flat boxes stacked in various places. All of the ornaments and most of the wall art are gone and Oscar's toys are bundled into one corner to make room for packing. In other words, a nightmare. I know it wont be forever (we are moving on the 17th June, you cant hear it but every time I say that date its followed by manic laughter). I know we have some pretty good reasons for moving (see this post HERE). But it hasn't been all bad living here.

We had a fairly good garden crop last year


We are also in close proximity to the beach here


And the shopping mall has a pretty decent Santa


And talking of Christmas, we have had 2 lovely Christmas's here

2009 and 2010



And we have all had 2 birthdays here. But this was always temporary. This was the house we moved to, to be closer to my Mum. My Dad had passed away 4 months before, and Oscar had been born 3 1/2 months before. It has served its purpose and now it is time to move on.

I am looking forward to making memories in the new place.


93

94




95


96

97

No comments:

Post a Comment